Walla Walla County, WA and Umatilla County, OR have been awarded Federal funds under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program.
The United Way of the Blue Mountains, WA has been chosen to receive $27,020 under the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in Walla Walla County, WA.
The United Way of the Blue Mountains, OR has been chosen to receive $32,378 under the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in Umatilla County, OR.
The selection was made by a National Board, chaired by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency, and consists of representatives from American Red Cross, Catholic Charities, USA, National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA, The Jewish Federations of North America, The Salvation Army, and United Way Worldwide. The Local Board was charged to distribute funds appropriated by Congress to help expand the capacity of food and shelter programs in high-need areas around the country.
The Local EFSP Board will determine how the funds awarded are to be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in our area.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
1) Be private voluntary non-profits or units of government
2) Be eligible to receive federal funds
3) Have an accounting system
4) Practice nondiscrimination
5) Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs, and
6) If they are a private voluntary organization, they must have a voluntary board.
Program funds are used to provide the following, as determined by the Local Board in funded jurisdictions:
- Food, in the form of served meals or groceries/food boxes
- Lodging in a mass shelter or hotel
- Rent or mortgage payment
- Utility bills
All applicants are required to have or create an account to complete and submit your application. Keep your username and password handy so that you can "save a draft" and return to complete your submission. Also, this username and password will continue to be used for agency reporting and future applications.
- LOGIN HERE (If you already have a username and password)
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT (New users only - an email will be sent to you)
- RESET YOUR PASSWORD (if your email has been used previously, you can reset your password)
- LOGOUT (Be sure to log out once you have saved your draft or submitted your application)
- Make sure you have your unique Entity Identifier (UEI) if you don't, go to sam.gov
In keeping with the emergency nature of this award, completed applications must be completed by 3:00PM March 13, 2023.